Registration with Highgrade is very simple. We can fully support you to complete the registration, if you require help with RTW, POA, Referees, DBS, EWC, Update service or training. When all legally required documentation has been received, we can approve registration within 1 working day. (Full details of the registration process follows).
We pride ourselves in offering a friendly service, our small team knows each and everyone of our teachers and support staff personally, and we always strive to find the perfect role to suit your needs. We guarantee you will feel appreciated and supported by us. We can guarantee this because of the wealth of experience that Claire has in the sector and our own experiences of the unfair and sometimes underhanded practices that some agencies operate by. Highgrade will always run an open and honest service. We do not use Umbrella Companies. You are not required to complete timesheets, we take of these for you and you will be paid on a weekly basis, one week in arrears.
We are a preferred supplier as part of the Welsh Government National Framework for supply teachers, (GCC/NPS), ensuring that said teachers are treated equally and paid fairly. As a teacher with QTS you can be sure that your minimum daily rate will be £151.70 and where necessary this will increase. We are audited by the Government Department of Business Energy Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
We are a corporate member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC). This means that Highgrade is an REC Audited Agency meaning you can be assured that we demonstrate an extra level of compliance when it comes to taking care of staff and clients. In addition, you can be confident you are working with an accredited supplier that is accountable to a professional body via the REC’s compliant and discipline procedure.
If you are interested in moving forward with us, the next step would be to have a catch up on the phone, so we can answer any questions that you may have and also arrange a time and place for a face to face interview. This can be done in a local café or place convenient to you, we can chat over some nice refreshments. Given our current set of conditions, it is acceptable to do digital facetime (Zoom, WhatsApp, Messenger, Teams etc) or safely meet outside, whichever you prefer. We will of course follow up remote meetings whenever it is convenient to gather wet signatures on your paperwork.
Listed below are the documents and evidence that is required to complete registration. We will be able to help and assist you throughout this process to keep it simple.
- Registration Document: (This includes all legal forms and your contract) – Signatures are required.
- Right to Work & Identification: Current Passport, Driving Licence and Birth certificate are the preferred documents (a full list of other acceptable evidence is available). We are required to hold documents from Group 1 Primary identity documents and from Group 2a Trusted government documents and Group 2b Financial and social history documents.
- Current Photograph: For your ID badge: this can be done upon interview, or a recent photo can be forwarded to us.
- National Insurance: We can accept NI Card, P60, P45, Payslips and Other government documents that state NI.
- Proof of Address: We require TWO: They must be dated within 3 months of registration and should include Utility Bills, Bank Statements (other official documents can be accepted).
- Referees: We require TWO: Your last employer should be one and they need to be teaching relevant. Course tutors and character references can also be accepted.
- Qualifications: Evidence of qualifications and training are required. Safeguarding is mandatory on a yearly basis. You can supply us with valid certificate or you can complete the training with us free of charge.
- Curriculum Vitae: An up to date copy of your cv is required, showing a complete work history.
- DBS: It is mandatory to hold a current Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate, you can supply us with reference number for the Update Service. We can advise, assist and carry out DBS checks if required.
- EWC: It is mandatory to be registered under the correct category on the Education Workforce Council Register. We can advise or assist if required. Invigilator only: not required to register.
- We do not use umbrella companies!
- You do not need to complete timesheets!
- You will be paid on a weekly basis!
- We can offer a range of training opportunities with over 70 titles!
- We operate a ‘Refer a friend scheme’!
- We are available 24/7 for supporting our staff in the role!
Please call Claire or Cheryl on 01495 369889 Or email
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
All candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Certificate, either by completing an application through us or by providing your DBS certificate reference number.
We recommend that all candidates sign up to the update service, it’s a quick process and each year your certificate will be revalidated automatically for a small fee. Otherwise a new DBS will be required each year.
Education Workforce Council (EWC)
All teachers and school staff in Wales are required to be registered with the Education Workforce council for Wales. All school staff must be registered in the correct category, either ‘School Teacher’ (you must hold QTS) or ‘School Learning Support Worker’. If you want to discuss this, please give us a call 01495 369889.
Highgrade Recruitment Pre-Registration
If you want to register an interest with Highgrade, please complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly.