Highgrade Recruitment Ltd is seeking to appoint enthusiastic and diligent exam invigilators to join our team. The invigilator is the person in the examination room responsible for conducting a particular exam session in the presence of the candidates. Invigilators have a key role in upholding the integrity of the examination process. Most importantly you must uphold the rules of the JCQ instructions for conducting examinations. Training is provided by Highgrade, free of charge.
The role will involve supporting a variety of children within the exam environment
An Invigilators role requires:
- Being reliable, having good communication and organisation skills and the ability to adhere to rules and regulations
- Good IT and administrative skills, clear thinking and making correct decisions in the event of any emergency in the exam room
- Undertake a short training course: to be familiar with JCQ’s ‘Instructions for Conducting Exams’, Warning to Candidates & Information to Candidates etc.
- You will liaise with the exam officer and senior invigilator upon arrival
- Ensuring the security of the examination before, during and following the exam time
- Arranging the area in preparation for the examination, removing posters and specific instructions relating to the subjects being examined
- Giving instructions and rules to the candidates in preparation
- Ensuring no administration errors: checking the correct exam papers are given to the correct candidates
- Ensuring the correct materials are being used and removing any unauthorised items
- Observing all candidates at all times, ensure they have the correct response to queries and ensuring there is no malpractice in the examination room
- Giving all, of your attention to conducting the examinations properly
- Filling in any incident reports if required
- Invigilators are required to provide two references
- Invigilators must have a current Enhanced Disclosure either by supplying an update service reference number or carrying out a new DBS with Highgrade Recruitment Ltd
- Invigilators ARE NOT required to hold current Education Workforce Council (EWC) registration
Invigilators must not carry out any other tasks (eg. Reading a book, using your phone or marking) in the examination room.
What can you expect from Highgrade Recruitment?
- Mandatory training for invigilators as governed by the JCQ Board.
- Support you with DBS and Update Service requirements
- Highgrade are on the National Framework Wales for supply staff Y Gwasaneath Caffael Cenedlaethol/National Procurement Service (GCC/NPS). This ensures that our staff are treated equally and paid fairly.
- Highgrade Recruitment Ltd are fully audited by the Government Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and fully accredited with Recruitment and Employment Federation (REC)
- We work with DBS to provide opportunities for our teaching staff’s CPD, offering training with the fundamental and essential requirements like Safeguarding and up to 70 other courses
- We operate best practice in education recruitment and offer competitive rates of pay
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry with a large network of schools
- Quick registration processing and a dedicated account manager available 24 hours a day
- Refer a Friend scheme
- We DO NOT use umbrella companies: you will not be charged for payroll or admin or training
- Weekly wages inclusive of holiday pay and a company pension scheme
We take care of the timesheets for you!
Job type: Part time, starting January 2022
Salary: Minimum hourly rate of £9.50
For further information please call us on 01495 369 889 or send your cv to email@example.com